• Shoes/ socks.
• Outdoor volleyball.
• Bug spray.
• Water bottle – G-Vegas provides water and sports drink, but bring a bottle so you can fill up from the coolers.
• Gatorade/ Powerade for that extra boost of electrolytes!
• 1-2 towels.
• Umbrella/floppy hat.
• Extra clothes (t-shirts, tank tops, board shorts, socks, sports bras or bathing suit tops, etc.).
• Personal snacks – G-Vegas provides snacks, water, sports drink and sometimes freezer pops; fruit is always a good snack!
• Personal cooler.
• Canopy Tent – not necessary, but there’s always a need for more shade!
• We start on time. If we say Player’s meeting starts at 10AM, we will start at 10AM, as long as all players are checked in.
• We usually know your court assignment at check-in, so you’ll be able to set up your canopy close to your courts as soon as you check in. On rare occasions, we may not know this information if teams have added or cancelled late.
• Pool play usually runs from 10AM through 2/3/4PM. Playoffs start 10-15 minutes after the last pool in each division turns in their Pool Sheet.
• Yes, during pool play, teams take turns reffing games.
• After Pool Play, the highest seeded team from your pool not making the playoffs is responsible to ref the first round of playoffs. If you need to drive several hours to get home and really want to leave, find someone to ref in your place.
• For Playoffs, the most recent team to lose their previous match is responsible to ref the next match. For example, in this semifinals example – Team 1 beats Team 2 at 5:08 PM. Team 3 beats Team 4 at 5:15 PM. Team 4 is responsible to ref the next match between Team 1 and Team 3.
Not necessarily unique to G-Vegas, but a few things to know:
• Parking at Northwest Park – Parking on the hill is at your own risk. The safest bet is to drop off your gear at the top of the hill near check-in and then park in the parking lot at the bottom of the hill.
• Rule Difference: We play that a block counts as a touch in all divisions and formats. This means if you touch the volleyball on a block, then your team only has 2 more touches to send the ball over. FYI, the blocker could be the next contact after his/her block, but the subsequent touch would then need to send the ball over the net.
• During the hot months, we set up a misting tent and a shower so players can stay cool.
• We provide bananas, salty snacks, sweet snacks and water/ Gatorade as a part of your tournament registration.
• Volleyball Gear – if you don’t see gear at the tournament, ask us for the bins. We have volleyball tanks, tee-shirts, long-sleeve hoody shirts. We usually have a few extra volleyballs at each tournament for sale.
Cancellation/ Inclement Weather
- Payment Policy: To officially register for any G-Vegas Volleyball event you must complete the online registration process. Credit cards will be charged immediately at the time of registration. For all players, this speeds up on-site registration the morning of the tournament so we can start on time and prevent no-shows that have a negative impact/delay on pool assignments.
- Cancellation Policy: Team cancellations that occur up to two days prior to an event will be refunded 100% of the registration fee (e.g. Wednesday before midnight for a tourney that is held on Saturday). Teams that cancel after that point, but before noon the Friday before the tournament weekend will be refunded 50% of the registration fee. Teams that cancel the day of the tournament, or simply do not show up will forfeit 100% of their registration fee. Any questions on this policy or its application should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. If cancellation occurs before the event opens, we will refund all registration fees 100%, less the cost of the shirt ($10 for standard early reg short sleeve)*.
2. If cancellation occurs during check in, we will refund all registration fees 100% for all teams present, less the cost of the shirt ($10 for standard early reg short sleeve)*.
3. If cancellation occurs at any point during pool play, we will refund all registration fees 50%.
4. If cancellation occurs during playoffs, the payouts (cash and/or merchandise prizes) will be split evenly between the then active teams.
*We will still provide your shirts to you. If you pay via credit card, the best way to handle this is to venmo/paypal/ cash app us the $10 and we can then process a full refund, including your credit card processing fee, via the registration site. If you choose not to send us the $10, we will process your refund but you will lose the credit card processing fee.
Tournament cancellations will occur when either of the following conditions are met:
1. Field conditions do not facilitate safe play.
2. Continued play on the field would cause significant damage.
The G-Vegas TD has discretion to temporarily suspend all play as well as clear the playing field for any reason they deem appropriate.
Code of Conduct
YES. The Tournament Director has discretion to remove teams and/or players from play due to excessive profanity, belligerence, and/or unsportsmanlike conduct. Please help us make the day more enjoyable for everyone by not being that guy (or girl).
Sandbagging/ Skill Levels
- B is for beginners who are still working on basic skills. Father/ daughter teams often play in this division.
- BB is our intermediate level competition. Players have limited training on individual volleyball skills. Hand setting calls are not quite as strict, but doubles and lifts are still considered a foul. Consistent 3 hit rallies.
- A is our advanced level competition. Players have trained on individual volleyball skills. Advanced setting and serving. Good defense.
- AA/ OPEN is for elite level competition. Players play and train year-round. Players have trained extensively on individual volleyball skills. Excellent setting with high velocity attacks. Float, jump float, and/or high-velocity jump serving. Pinpoint passing.
Sandbagging is when a player competes in a division that is below his or her skills. Sandbagging is strictly prohibited. If a player is playing in a lower division than his/ her skills indicate, the Tournament Director has the discretion to disqualify player(s) from the tournament.
These guidelines below are what we will be using to help us make this determination for each team, If you have won the same division multiple times (whether with the same or different partners), you probably need to move up divisions.
- Team consisting of AA Male + A Female should play AA.
- Team consisting of A Male + AA Female should play A.
- Team consisting of 2 AA Females should play A.
- Team consisting of AA Male + BB Female should play A.
- Team consisting of AA Male = B Female should play A.
- Team consisting of A Male + A Female should play A.
- Team consisting of A Male + BB Female should play A.
- Team consisting of BB Male + AA Female should play A.
- Team consisting of A Male + B Female should play BB.
- Team consisting of BB Male + BB Female should play BB.
- Team consisting of BB Male + A Female should play BB.
- Team consisting of BB Male + B Female should play BB.
- Team consisting of B Male + B Female should play B.
- Team consisting of B Male + BB Female should play B.
- Team consisting of B Male + A Female should play B.
Men’s and Women’s Triples:
- Team consisting of 3AA players should play AA.
- Team consisting of 2AA + 1A players should play AA.
- Team consisting of 1AA + 2A players should play A.
- Team consisting of 3A players should play A.
- Team consisting of 2A + 1BB players should play A.
- Team consisting of 1A + 2BB players should play BB.
- Team consisting of 3BB players should play BB.
- Team consisting of 2BB + 1B players should play BB.
- Team consisting of 1BB + 2B players should play B.
- Team consisting of 3B players should play B.
We want to play Men’s Triples but one of our players is a woman? Is this allowed and how do we decide which division we need to play?
Yes, women can play in the Men’s Triples divisions. There are too many iterations to list exhaustively, but here are a few examples as guidance:
• Team consists of 2 AA Males 1 AA/A/BB Female – should play Men’s AA.
• Team consists of 2 A Males 1 AA/A/BB Female – should play Men’s A.
• Team consists of 1 A Male 2 BB Females – should play Men’s BB.
• Team consists of 1 A Male 2 A/AA Females – should play Men’s A.
• Team consists of 1 BB Male 2 AA Females – should play Men’s A.